East Peak

We hiked to the top of Mt. Tam.





































It wasn't far from the parking lot to the peak (.3 miles), but it was uphill so Nello enjoyed pretending he was exhausted.

We enjoyed the beauty of the views, the lichen, and the manzanita bark.




















































We made it to the top!




















BUT... Nello really wanted to climb around by himself. Needless to say, it wasn't really a safe place for three year olds to solo climb. Nello didn't like hearing no, and he had a fit so we left. (He also had a fit about leaving.)





































He pretty much had a fit the whole way home and up until we found him like this. So even though NO I DON'T WANT TO TAKE A NAP!, it turns out our little hiker was tired after all.

3 comments:

Jenna Hales said...

What a fun adventure! Even with the drama :) the picture if Bob & Nello at the top is beautiful!

Hales Family said...

What a fun trip. I might need to do that myself next week. That huffing & puffing video is classic!!!
-m

Christa said...

I love that! I also love the exhausted boy at the end! (When do they learn that Mommy is always right???)